Dr. A of Innovative Dental By Dr. A, serving the Philadelphia area, has over 25 years of experience as a practicing dentist. He treats all types of dental emergencies. To better assist patients of all ages, we are always available. Even after our office is closed for the day, we provide an answering service to assist. We will advise you on immediate treatment and whether an emergency room visit is necessary or an office visit the following day will suffice.
Basic dental emergencies:
- Abscessed or infected tooth: A tooth can get a painful infection at the root If you have a toothache that is severe call us immediately so we can see you or call in prescriptions to help treat the pain and infection.
- Chipped or broken teeth: If there is bleeding, apply gauze until bleeding stops. Apply an ice pack to outside of the mouth to help with pain. If after hours, we can help determine if an ER visit is necessary.
- Knocked out tooth: Try to retrieve the tooth and call us immediately. If seen soon enough, the tooth can often be saved.
- Partially knocked out tooth: Call as soon as this occurs. Apply an ice pack to the outside of the mouth to help with the pain.
- Lost filling: Contact us and we can advise further action. Sometimes some sugarless gum can be used to temporarily fill the hole. Do not attempt until after calling us.
- Broken braces or wires: If the wire breaks and is cutting into gums or mouth, try using orthodontic wax, cover the end of the wire. Call us so we can get this fixed as soon as possible.
We want to serve all your dental needs including any emergencies. Please call us so we can help you feel better! (267) 463-2777
Share this Article