Life doesn’t stop when dental office hours end. Emergencies can and do occur. Dr. A has almost 30 years of experience as a practicing dentist. During that time, he’s seen just about every variation of emergency dental issues. Long ago, he committed himself to creating a practice where he meets all his patients’ dental needs. That’s why he provides urgent dental care. If you feel you need a dentist immediately, call Innovative Dental, located in Philadelphia, PA.
Common dental emergencies:
- Knocked out permanent tooth: If you experience an accident in which one or more teeth are knocked out, keep the tooth moist. Often, if you can make it to a dentist in time, the tooth can be placed back in the socket.
- Cracked tooth: Rinse immediately with warm water to clean the area. Use a cold compress on the outside of the mouth to help keep swelling down.
- Infected tooth: If your tooth is sensitive and painful to touch or to heat, it is probably infected. Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water and call us so we can advise further action needed.
- Objects stuck in between teeth or in the gums: Attempt to gently remove the object using floss. Do not use any type of sharp object to attempt removal as this can seriously injure the mouth.
Why choose us for urgent dental care?
- Even when we are closed, we are still available to help! We have a 24-hour dental help line that can help you determine how to treat your urgent needs and advise you whether something can wait until the following day or needs to be seen immediately.
We see all patients as unique individuals and care about their health and well-being. Call us with any questions or concerns. We can help! (267) 463-2777.